Thursday, June 12, 2008

We are Official!

He asked. I said Yes.

It’s absolutely a big step to our relationship. We are now officially together keke, but I think that our first day should be June 3rd, 2008.

The story goes from the moment I got back to NY this morning. On the phone, he said that Yuk Je gave him a ten-minute lecture on why he has to date me. Yuk Je and I met at the bakery yesterday; she is a good friend of his mother. At the point he was wondering why everyone expressed his/her natural affection to me at first sight AND insisted that we should be together, he suddenly asked “Will you marry me? I would like to take care of you for the rest of my life.”

Stunned and wordless, I was smiling pretty big in my heart. That’s so sweet, truthfully and incredibly sweet that I wanted to say yes right away. I did not expect to hear this sweetest thingie on earth in a couple of years, or even my lifetime. That moment I realized I am in love. But the silly me was still hesitating.

"Ummm…Are you thinking about this all the time? I will give you a chance to rephrase. Are you sure you want to do that?”

“With you? Yes, but of course not now. I am not going to separate with you.”


“…You are lying.”

He called again after my 3:00 p.m. news headlines. I could tell from the beginning that he was prepared for the conversation. We talked about our deep down feelings, and most importantly the issues of trust and flirting. I don’t know if he is the kind of guy who likes flirting and fooling around. I don’t know whether I want to start a relationship before I leave. I don’t know whether I want to do something that I have been avoiding. We have once compromised that we would do dating and NOT a relationship. He once said that he wanted me to be his girlfriend if and only if I considered to stay here. He once promised my best friend that he would not do anything further even if he likes me… I am confused. Isn’t it better when we just stay friends?

He then said with confidence, “This time I’m serious…Be My Girlfriend.”

Instead of evading like the last five times, I asked why.

“Because I love you. I want you to trust me that I love you…a lot. Will you be my girlfriend?” That melted me and I knew that my heart belongs to just him.

I delightfully said “Yes!!!” I wish he was here to see how red my face was and how blissful my smile was! "I Love You Too! And I miss you very much!"

No comments: