Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm 23!

My 23rd Birthday (+ House Warming) is plain but warm. My friends came up to my new apartment to have hotpot and play mahjong, exactly the two things we did on my 18th Birthday. “What a five-year! People become indifferent in celebrating birthdays since 21st.” NONONO I strongly disagree to that!!! Perhaps there is more meaning when you turn 18th than 23rd, but both birthdays are equally important!

For me, birthday is like New Year. It signifies the “birth” of someone, a time to retrospect, and set resolutions. It is joyful and fun. It makes me want to strive for BETTER and LOOK FORWARD. Yeah I do worried about getting old; getting old means growing up, hence achieving more.

I was always in a confusing state before my birthdays. I prayed to graduate with good grades and get a good job at 21st. I wished to work hard and stay clear of what I want (career-wise) at 22nd. This year, other than finding a good job, I also want to participate more on humanitarian activities and politics. From helping the underprivileged, you can find the most innocent, unselfish and thankful smiles in the world, which I love! Lastly, I want to love myself more.

Thank You for the phone calls (especially those from America), facebook / msn / sms / xanga messages. They are all the same each year but I still love them. I feel great of being remembered!

“Say that you love me; say that you care!”

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......